*Make sure to claim your $3.00 coupon provided at the end of this review*
Hydrated, healthy, moisturized skin is beautiful skin… at any age!
But, as we grow older, many of us find it a bit more difficult to maintain that hydrated, healthy, moisturized skin that we once had.
And there’s a reason for this…
As our skin matures, many of the natural processes our body performs in order to maintain healthy hydrated skin begin slowing down.
Fortunately, there are number of things we can do to make up for the slow-down, including:
- Drinking more water. It can’t be said enough. Our body is primarily water and without enough water in our system, it’s going to show on our skin. I, personally, try to get in 2-3 liters per day.
- Eating enough of the right fats. Avoiding fats is so 80’s… or 90’s (maybe both). But we have since learned that our body needs fats! Eating good fats like Avocados, Olive Oil, Fish Oils will help create hydration from within which will reflect in our skin.
- Using cleansers that do not strip the skins protective barrier. Nature is perfect in providing us with this barrier that not only protects us from unwanted contaminants, but also helps keep necessary moisture within our skin. Using harsh cleansing products can strip this barrier. And as our skin matures, we actually have less of this barrier, so it becomes super important to do what you can to keep what have. Look for cleansers that help maintain the barrier and even add to it.
- Using a good moisturizer. Moisturizer, moisturize, moisturize… It is essential to keeping the moisture in our skin.
And this leads me to the introduction of a product line I’ve recently had the opportunity to review, a brand new line of skincare products that checks both of those last two boxes…
Aquation Moisturizing Skin Care, powered by Hydro Balance.
The line includes a bar cleanser and a lotion cleanser, a moisturizing lotion, and a moisturizing cream, all of which can be used on the face or body.
And all of the products are Fragrance Free, Paraben Free and Non-Comedogenic.
The idea behind Aquation is to keep moisture in the skin by supporting and increasing the skins lipid barrier and to increase moisture within the skin by delivering skin actives at a deeper level. This is done in a two phase system which they call Hydro Balance.
“In phase one, Ceramides, Hylauronic Acid, Glycerine and Jojoba reinforce the skins surface barrier to prevent water loss.
In phase two, Marine Active deliver long-lasting hydration they move from the skins surface layers to penetrate the deeper layers.”
And they have some nice numbers showing that the product does, indeed, do what it’s formulated to do:
“100% of women in clinical trials saw more hydrated skin, even up to 24 hours. 93% experienced instant hydration. 93% found non-irritating.”
My thoughts and experience:
I had the opportunity to try out the lotion cleanser, the moisturizing lotion, and the moisturizing cream.
Gentle Moisturizing Cleanser
This is a gentle cleanser that won’t strip your skin, and like all Aquation products, it’s enriched with ceramides and hyaluronic acid to help maintain the skins protective barrier.
The cleanser is super creamy and it rinses clean with ease. My skin felt clean but definitely not stripped of necessary oils after using this.
Daily Moisturizing Lotion
This is a lightweight lotion that is quick absorbing, non-greasy, and provides up to 24 hours of hydration.
I found this lotion to be exactly as described. It smoothes on easily and absorbs quickly, leaving a soft non-greasy feel to my skin, and it really lasts all day.
This is an ultra rich cream that is also quick absorbing and non-greasy and provides up to 24 hours of hydration.
First, this cream comes with a pump. I love that! No more dipping fingers into a jar of cream… over and over.
I definitely felt the moisture barrier the product provides on my skin, but it is 100% non-greasy. It feels more like a soft velvet barrier if that gives you a better idea.
I applied the moisture cream before bed and when I woke the following morning, I could still feel the moisture barrier, meaning my skin was still being protected from water loss and environmental factors while I slept.
Hydro Balance – Love that the product helps create moisture in the deeper layers of my skin as well as protects from moisture loss on the outer layers of my skin.
Large size products (16 oz.) compared to other skin care products I would normally use on my face.
Can be used on face or body.
Feels great on my skin. Velvety soft and not greasy at all.
Very budget friendly – Prices range from $2.96 for the Hydrating Cleansing Bar to about $8.96 for the Moisturizing Cleanser, Moisturizing Lotion, and Moisturizing Cream.
None. Okay, I’ll make up one. They are large size products, so they take up a little more space on my bathroom counter than smaller size products do.
Wrapping it Up:
Aquation is perfect for all skin types, perfect for all budgets, and perfect for ageless beauties who are looking for a simple skin care line that can help them maintain or regain healthy, hydrated, moisturized skin.
Aquation is available exclusively at Walmart stores across the country and at Walmart.com
And right now, you can print a coupon and save $3.00 on your Aquation purchase.
*I received complimentary samples of these products for purposes of this review. My thoughts are 100% my own.
Latest posts by Krystal (see all)
- Video:Abraham Hicks – Making Peace with the Aging Process - May 29, 2017
- Rodan + Fields Lash Boost Product Review + a Giveaway - May 21, 2017
- Mother’s Day Quotes – Happy Mother’s Day, Ageless Beauties! - May 13, 2017